Monday 23 January 2012

Something in the water?

There must be something in the water over in celebrity land. What else could explain all these break-ups?  It’s bad enough with Russell Brand and Katy Perry calling it a day, with Katy unfollowing her ex on Twitter (the new way to say it’s over!), but this new batch of splits have shocked us to the core (and when I say us, I mean romantics who believe in soppy true love). Two unions whom I thought were more solid than Jodie Marsh’s biceps have parted ways: Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis & Heidi Klum and Seal. I’ll give you a moment to take this in…
I ape to say it, but Heidi and Seal are over
Ok, moment over. What oh what could have driven these two seemingly in love couples apart? Is it their hectic work schedules? The pressure of a relationship in the public eye? January blues? Whatever it is, it just goes to show that celebrities are indeed humans, they do love and they do hurt.  All I know is that Halloweens will never be the same again, now that Heidi and Seal have split. Which other A- list couple will dress as life-like apes or Hindu gods for their Halloween party? You won’t catch Brad and Angelina doing that!

Over on this side of the water, break-up fever is just as strong as it’s emerged that Tulisa and Fazer have broken up. I’m just as confused as anyone as I’m pretty sure that I saw pics of them last week looking loved up on a Caribbean island! Wow, I know people are always down after coming back from hols but come on guys! Also rumoured to be on the rocks is Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy. Now this is no surprise as Simon is more of a commitment-phobe than George Clooney, but when they became engaged, I had high hopes that she would finally be the one to tame Mr. Nasty. I guess not. And finally, bringing up the rear is Andrea McLean and her fella, some bloke called Steve. Now I don’t actually know anything about Steve, but she seems to be always be banging on about ‘my Steve’ on Loose Women. So maybe he’s sick of her talking about their relationship on national TV or maybe he’s finally realised he is married to the blandest, boring and dull person ever!  Whatever their reasons, it’s never nice when people break-up (except for Liberal Democrat MP Lembit Opik and that cheeky girl, that was all levels of wrong!)
Should never have happened...

Were only in January, but things are not looking good for love in celeb land. Here’s a list of couples I hope will stay together his year:

1.William and Kate. They gave us the most amazing wedding day ever and a day off work! They should be together for that alone!
2.Brad and Angelina. I am now finally over hating Angelina for being a ‘home-wreaker’ (shush, you thought that too!), so it’ll be a shame if they split now.
3.Tom and Katie. After all that jumping on the sofa and gross pda’s, this marriage better be worth the effort!
4.David and Victoria. I now can’t imagine one without the other. Now their family is complete, I can’t imagine them apart.
5.Edward and Bella. I haven’t read the last book so I don’t know how their love ends. But after getting her knocked up and then turning her into the living dead, Edward better stand by his girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment